How to develop health and social care interventions and make them ‘evaluation-ready’
- Date: –
- Lecturer: David Richards, Professor at Western Norway University of Applied Sciences
- Organiser: U-CARE
- Contact person: Miro Anter
- Phone: 018-471 34 83
In this two-day workshop, participants will become familiar with the core elements of the recently revised 2021 framework for research into complex interventions. Over two days, our focus will be on techniques to develop ‘evaluation ready’ health and social care interventions.
In particular, we will:
• critically engage with the process of Identifying key uncertainties when designing intervention studies
• consider ways to identify research priorities for those that fund, deliver and receive interventions
• understand how we can engage and involve patients and members of the public to ensure priorities are addressed and relevant outcomes identified
• explore the ten core activities by which we can design interventions
• learn how to develop and refine an intervention programme-theory and logic-model
During this interactive workshop, participants must be prepared to work together on a number of different health and social care research topics, to jointly build an intervention that addresses a key health or social care issue.
The workshop will be held in Uppsala on Thursday 8th December and Friday 9th December, and subsequently repeated on Monday 12th December and Tuesday 13th December. When signing up for the workshop, please specify which dates you would prefer to attend.
Please note that the number of participants is limited to 12 during both workshop occasions. Please contact project coordinator Miro Anter if you are interested in participating, email@example.com.
The workshop will be in English.